Thank you for your interest in our annual Capture the Wild photo contest! We are excited to showcase the fantastic photography taken by Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Garden guests and staff.
Winning photos will be included in the 2020 ZOOfriends calendar, featured on the ZOOfriends website, and will be displayed as canvas prints in the ZOOfriends Membership Office for up to a year. Each winner will also receive a ZOOfriends award package that includes a year-long Oklahoma City Zoo membership and the canvas print of their photo (once it's finished being displayed on site).
There are four main divisions for entries – Adult, Youth I, Youth II, and Zoo Employee. All Youth I, Youth II and Zoo Employee photographs will be judged within their divisions. The Adult division is separated into four categories, and photographs in the Adult division will be judged within their appropriate category.
- Aquarium, Reptiles & Amphibians
- Birds & Landscape
Youth I (through age 10)
Youth II (11 to 18 years old)
Each photographer may enter up to four (4) photos total. If more than four photos are submitted, only the first four will be judged. Please read through the participation rules and guidelines below, and don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Rules of Participation:
- Photos must have been taken at the Oklahoma City Zoo.
- All photos will become the property of the Oklahoma Zoological Society for publication, promotion and reproduction. OZS will attempt to provide proper attribution when possible, but cannot guarantee photo credit.
- Entries must be received between July 1 and July 31, 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All photos must be submitted through this form.
- Please save and submit photos as Last Name_First Name_Entry#.
- Photos should be high resolution (300 DPI is preferred). Please note that photos taken with a cell phone usually do not meet resolution requirements.
- Photos that have been altered beyond standard optimization will not be included for judging. Acceptable adjustments include adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness, cropping, black and white conversions, and removal of dust and scratches. The use of HDR, photo composites, addition, duplication, deletion, or moving of objects, and use of artificial digital filters and effects are all prohibited.
- Four (4) total entries will be accepted per photographer. Multiple photos may be entered in a single category, but no more than four photos total can be entered in each year's contest. If more than four photos total are submitted, only the first four submitted will be judged.
- Youth and Zoo contests are not judged by category. All submissions will be judged together in their appropriate division.